noun (plural same)
- 1A member of a group of Australian Aboriginal peoples of north-eastern New South Wales.More example sentences
- The Kamilaroi had been attacking stock and had killed several stockmen in the area; aggrieved squatters were demanding that government provide ‘protection’.
- The Kamilaroi were nomadic hunters and gatherers with a band-level social organization.
- However, there are thousands of people of mixed descent both within the native populations as well as immigrant populations, who identify themselves as Kamilaroi.
- 2 [mass noun] The extinct language of the Kamilaroi.More example sentences
- I have found numerous cognates between Kamilaroi and Tamil of India.
- Kamilaroi is also taught in some Australian schools.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Kamilaroi or their language.More example sentences
- He was born at Condobolin, NewSouth Wales, of Wiradjuri and Kamilaroi descent.
- Tim Lehâ is 26-years-old, of Kamilaroi and Tongan heritage.
- She may be Kamilaroi woman, and if she's a Kamilaroi woman, well then she needs Kamilaroi spiritual philosophy.
the name in Kamilaroi.
More definitions of KamilaroiDefinition of Kamilaroi in:
- The US English dictionary