Definition of King of Kings in English:
1(In the Christian Church) a name or form of address for God.
- For all pennies are stamped with the image of the King, just as all men bear the image of the King of Kings.
- May Her Majesty enter into glory in the court of the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings.
- God is Lord Almighty, Omnipotent King, Lion of Judah, Rock of Ages, Prince of Peace, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Provider, Protector, Paternal Leader, Ruling Lord and Reigning King of all the universe.
2A title assumed by certain kings who rule over lesser kings.
- Ramesses the Great, King of Kings, is traditionally believed to be the Pharaoh of the Israelite Exodus from Egypt.
- My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, gaze on my work, ye mighty, and despair.
- It is in the life of Yayati, King of Kings, that we find the guidance we need.
Definition of King of Kings in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan