Definition of Kinorhyncha in English:
A small phylum of minute marine invertebrates that have a spiny body and burrow in sand or mud.
- I was assigned the Kinorhyncha, Tardigrada and Priapulida as topics to present.
- The fine structure of the mouth cone, the introvert with scalids, and the circumenteric brain indicate that this meiofaunal phylum is monophyletic, related to Kinorhyncha and Priapulida.
- The Kinorhyncha are microscopic, spiny-headed worms.
- Example sentences
- However, one part of that group - the priapulids, kinorhynchs, and loriciferans - appears to form a group in its own right.
- The kinorhynch body is divided into 3 regions: head (= introvert), very short neck, and trunk.
- Discovered in 1983, these tiny worms have a spiny head, and so resemble the kinorhynchs to which they are related.
Definition of Kinorhyncha in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan