noun (plural same or Klamaths)
- 1A member of an American Indian people of the Oregon-California border.More example sentences
- The foundation's $115,000 grant will help the Klamath to develop a restoration plan for managing the vast forest.
- Decades later, the Klamath, 3,400 strong, have recovered their official status and are quietly negotiating for a partial return of their lands, which are rich with ponderosa pine.
- The Klamath River, which snakes from Oregon into northern California, is central to the religion, philosophy and daily lives of the river's four tribes: the Karuk, Yurok, Hoopa and Klamath.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Klamath or their language.More example sentences
- They have denied me my birthright,’ said Gail Hatcher of the Klamath tribe.
- The agreement is believed to open a new window of opportunity, according to a spokesman for the Klamath tribes.
More definitions of KlamathDefinition of Klamath in:
- The US English dictionary