Definition of Klamath in English:
noun (plural same or Klamaths)
1A member of an American Indian people of the Oregon-California border.
- The foundation's $115,000 grant will help the Klamath to develop a restoration plan for managing the vast forest.
- Decades later, the Klamath, 3,400 strong, have recovered their official status and are quietly negotiating for a partial return of their lands, which are rich with ponderosa pine.
- The Klamath River, which snakes from Oregon into northern California, is central to the religion, philosophy and daily lives of the river's four tribes: the Karuk, Yurok, Hoopa and Klamath.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Klamath or their language.
- They have denied me my birthright,’ said Gail Hatcher of the Klamath tribe.
- The agreement is believed to open a new window of opportunity, according to a spokesman for the Klamath tribes.
Definition of Klamath in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan