noun[mass noun] North American , • trademark
- A powder that is added to water or another liquid to make a fruit-flavoured soft drink: a pitcher of cherry Kool-AidMore example sentences
- Catfish anglers are doing well in 15 feet of water with sliced hot dogs and chicken soaked overnight in grape Kool-Aid.
- Just go back to your jug of Kool-Aid and take a swig and relax.
- The future is very bright, join me for a glass of Kool-Aid.
drink the Kool-Aid
- • informal Demonstrate unquestioning obedience or loyalty to someone or something: his real ire is directed at the news media for drinking the Kool-Aid and not being tougher on the president[with allusion to an incident in 1978 in which members of the People's Temple, a religious and political group in Jonestown, Guyana, committed mass suicide by drinking a cyanide-laced soft drink thought to be similar to Kool-Aid]More example sentences
- I'm not drinking the Pentagon Kool-Aid.
- There were times during that bad week when the four of us were thinking that we were drinking the Kool-Aid and not getting the whole picture.
- In other words: everyone had drunk the New Economy Kool-Aid.
More definitions of Kool-AidDefinition of Kool-Aid in:
- The US English dictionary