- One of five points in the plane of orbit of one body around another (e.g. the moon around the earth) at which a small third body can remain stationary with respect to both.More example sentences
- Its space segment will be composed of a group of X-ray telescopes based around one of the libration points or Lagrangian points.
- Finding asteroids on Saturn's Lagrangian points is difficult and has not yet been accomplished.
- Herschel, Planck and Gaia are all observatory missions that will be positioned at the Lagrangian point L2, 1.5 million kilometres behind Earth as seen from the Sun.
More definitions of Lagrangian pointDefinition of Lagrangian point in:
- The US English dictionary