(also Lammas Day)
- The first day of August, formerly observed as harvest festival.More example sentences
- Tara was surprised when Scott gladly accompanied her to a Lammas gathering in August.
- Since Lammas, the days have grown noticeably shorter, and night has fallen earlier with every passing day.
- The Conference, now considered by many to be a Glastonbury institution, is always held to coincide with Lammas, formerly observed as a harvest festival.
More definitions of LammasDefinition of Lammas in:
- The US English dictionary