- An arrangement of letters or symbols that each occur n times, in a square array of n2 compartments so that no letter appears twice in the same row or column.More example sentences
- The original edition contained an early example of a problem about orthogonal Latin squares.
- Here are two examples of Latin squares of order 4.
- This study of symmetric functions led him to study partitions and Latin squares, and for many years he was considered the leading worker in this area.
More definitions of Latin squareDefinition of Latin square in:
- The US English dictionary