noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A transparent plastic (polycarbonate) of high impact strength, used for cockpit canopies, bulletproof screens, etc..More example sentences
- The polycarbonate trademarked as Lexan is used in ‘bulletproof’ glass and in astronaut's helmets.
- There is no such thing as ‘hard’ polycarbonate, AKA Lexan.
- The basic materials palette consists of corrugated Galvalume, Lexan, plywood, Luan, and oriented strand board.
1950s: an invented name.
More definitions of LexanDefinition of Lexan in:
- The US English dictionary