Definition of Lithuanian in English:
Relating to Lithuania or its people or language.
- A child of Lithuanian Jews who emigrated to America in 1875, Berenson graduated from Harvard University in 1887.
- Arrested twice in 1905, he joined the emigration of Lithuanian Jews to the United States.
- The violence was directed against a small group of Lithuanian Jews.
nounBack to top
1A native or citizen of Lithuania, or a person of Lithuanian descent.
- Historically, relations with other ethnic groups have been amicable; this is perhaps because over 80 percent of citizens are ethnic Lithuanians.
- The entire region was plundered in the following centuries by invading Poles, Lithuanians, Swedes, Germans, and most recently Russians.
- A lot of the eastern Europeans in Killarney, Lithuanians and so on, would have played a very good standard at home.
2 [mass noun] The language of Lithuania, which belongs to the Baltic branch of the Indo-European family and has about 3.5 million speakers.
- Speakers of African language Lingala, Persian language Farsi, Lithuanian and Somali are among those needed.
- He is the first member of his family to come to the United States from Lithuania, and speaks English, Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian.
- Remus speaks English and Lithuanian fluently, and didn't have to take up Irish because he was over the age of 10 when he joined Rockfield national school.
Definition of Lithuanian in:
- US English dictionary