Definition of MP3 in English:
1A means of compressing a sound sequence into a very small file, to enable digital storage and transmission.
- Here is an mp3 file of the first movement of Eine Kleine Nachtmusik in its original form.
- Users can also download the audio portion and listen to the mp3 file on a portable audio device.
- The MP3 format for digital music has had, and will continue to have, a huge impact on how people collect, listen to and distribute music.
1.1 [count noun] A file in MP3 format: technicalities aside, ripping your own MP3s is easy [as modifier]: an MP3 file
More example sentences
- The answer: just turn the whole thing into one MP3.
- Someone Googled me this morning looking for this very MP3.
- You won't find videos, MP3s, or other flashy media on the site's bare-bones profile pages.
1990s: from MPEG + Audio Layer-3.
Definition of MP3 in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia