- short for male-to-female ( sense 2 of the adjective). MTF transwomenMore example sentences
- While the term transgender applies to anyone who undergoes a shift from female to male (FTM) or male to female (MTF), most associate it with those who don female clothes or traits.
- Most are MTF (male to female), although a few are FTM (female to male).
- I have a few trans friends, mostly MTF.
nounBack to top
- short for male-to-female. the consensus is that there are equal numbers of FTMs and MTFsMore example sentences
- For MTFs to focus on physically passing as women rather than on overcoming unwitting vestiges of internalized masculinity and power and control sidesteps the real problems with gender - how we come to feel and think inside.
- I have never heard of MTFs asking for inclusion in men's-only spaces.
- It would be really helpful for this thread, I think, if people could limit themselves to speaking about FTMs here, instead of discursively grouping MTFs and FTMs in the same basket.
More definitions of MTFDefinition of MTF in:
- The US English dictionary