Definition of Magian in English:
Relating to the magi of ancient Persia.
- Lady - you must understand - that door is Magian work - even one as skilled as myself finds it difficult to force open…
- Historian Grundy, like Thucydides, completely ignores the Greek and Magian worldviews.
- He showed that similar horoscopes in the Magian or Chaldaean system had been described in ancient times for Roman emperors such as Augustus, Tiberius, and Hadrian.
nounBack to top
A magus or one of the Magi.
- He travelled a great deal in the region, coming into contact with Christians, Jews, Magians and pagans of every stripe.
- Hence, the conjecture of Imam Farahi seems to be true that these people were called Sabeans (Magians) because of their adeptness in astrology and their acquaintance with the influences of stars and heavenly bodies.
- Originally, the Magians had neither temples, altars, nor religious symbols of any kind.
Definition of Magian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan