(also Mandingo /manˈdɪŋgəʊ/)
noun & adjective
- another term for Mande.More example sentences
- With dogged perseverance and considerable luck, the author, Alexander Haley, traced his ancestry back through seven generations to a Mandingo village in Africa.
- Today, the story of Sundiata is found not only among his native Mandinka people, but throughout the entire Mandingo language group which is spoken in Guinea, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, and Gambia.
- Through his music, he seems himself continuing that role while preserving and modernizing the traditions of his Mandingo culture.
More definitions of MandingDefinition of Manding in:
- The US English dictionary