- A make of firearm, especially a repeating rifle or semi-automatic pistol: [as modifier]: a Mauser rifleMore example sentences
- I dropped the now useless pocket pistol and scrambled for the Mauser rifle that had dropped to the floorboards.
- He had his Mauser rifle slung over his shoulder and I had my Sten gun ready.
- And it - as well as the 1903 Springfield rifle for which it was designed - drew heavy influence from the Mauser rifle.
late 19th century: named after Paul von Mauser (1838–1914), German inventor.
More definitions of MauserDefinition of Mauser in:
- The US English dictionary