- Relating to Mendel’s theory of heredity: Mendelian geneticsMore example sentences
- Darwinian biology explained how humans evolved from other life forms, and Mendelian genetics showed how defective traits were inherited.
- Since the 1860s Mendelian genetics has recognized that many phenotypic traits are related to functional units of heredity.
- Many disorders that occur in families are known to have a genetic component but do not follow clear Mendelian patterns of inheritance.
nounBack to top
- A person who accepts or advocates Mendel’s theory of heredity.More example sentences
- The great debate between the Mendelians and the biometricians had begun.
- The story of the emergence of theoretical population genetics, out of a tension between biometricians and Mendelians, has been told eloquently by Provine.
- As John Maynard Smith points out, the early Mendelians - the people early in this century who rediscovered Mendel - at first thought of themselves as anti-Darwinians.
More definitions of MendelianDefinition of Mendelian in:
- The US English dictionary