- A crude incendiary device typically consisting of a bottle filled with flammable liquid and with a means of ignition.More example sentences
- In fact, they were throwing Molotov cocktails and hand grenades and firing AK - 47s.
- They had studied firearms, explosives and tactical training, and learned how to detonate hand grenades, Molotov cocktails and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher.
- At least 50 officers were wounded over the weekend when they came under a hail of live rounds, paint bombs, pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, and paving stones, police said.
from the name of Vyacheslav Molotov (see Molotov, Vyacheslav), who led the Soviet campaign against Finland in 1939–40, when such weapons were used by the Finns.
More definitions of Molotov cocktailDefinition of Molotov cocktail in:
- The US English dictionary