Definition of Monday morning quarterback in English:
nounNorth American informal
A person who passes judgement on and criticizes something after the event.
- Critics and Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen, but it remains to be seen.
- I'm getting a little sick and tired of the Monday morning quarterbacks out there determining that she did something wrong.
- Put aside the fact that this commission is supposed to be finding out what actually happened, not drawing up plays like Monday morning quarterbacks.
Monday morning quarterbacking noun
- Example sentences
- In such situations, an officer's action should not be subjected to 20/20 hindsight or Monday morning quarterbacking.
- There is plenty of room for Monday morning quarterbacking after each election cycle about which candidates might have made it to Congress if they had been given a little more backing.
- This analysis clearly shows that the argument that the Fed could have easily deflated the bubble in 1997-98 is a horrible case of Monday morning quarterbacking.
Definition of Monday morning quarterback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan