noun (plural same)
- 1A member of a Melanesian people of Papua New Guinea inhabiting the area around Port Moresby.More example sentences
- Maintaining the distinctiveness of their culture in the face of urbanization and modernization is a challenge for the present-day Motu.
- The battle was to avenge the death of Kevau Dagora's father, who died in a massacre by the Lakwaharn at Taurama, the ancestral village of the Western Motu.
- The Motu inhabit a region which now includes the capital city, Port Moresby, and the Hula live about 110 kilometres to the east.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Motu or their language.More example sentences
- The choice of language for Motu greetings is the most important aspect of an interaction.
- The Christian Gospels were translated into the Motu language by 1885.
- For example, adult Pari villagers politicise language, like most other Motu villages.
the name in Melanesian.