The standard time in a zone including parts of Canada and the US in or near the Rocky Mountains, specifically:
- ● (Mountain Standard Time abbreviation: MST) standard time based on the mean solar time at the meridian 105° W., seven hours behind GMT. ● (Mountain Daylight Time abbreviation: MDT) Mountain time during daylight saving, six hours behind GMT.
More example sentences
- Heading north on Mexico's Highway 200, I soon crossed from the Central into the Mountain time zone.
- The same line separates the Pacific and Mountain time zones - and Arizona doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time.
- This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.
Definition of Mountain time in:
- The US English dictionary