- Slips of ivory or other material divided into sections marked with digits, devised by John Napier and formerly used to facilitate multiplication and division.More example sentences
- These rods however are quite a lot longer than Napier's bones usually were, so are too big to put in a pocket.
- He described a method of multiplication using rods with numbers marked off on them, called Napier's bones.
- Then stick the page onto a card and cut the bones out and pronto - you will have your own Napier's bones!
More definitions of Napier's bonesDefinition of Napier's bones in:
- The US English dictionary