Definition of Neapolitan in English:
A native or inhabitant of Naples.
- We fought as Piedmontese, as Tuscans, as Neapolitans, as Romans, and not as Italians’.
- He was able to hold off the combined armies of the French, Austrians, Spanish, and Neapolitans for several weeks.
- His impact was so great that when Italy played Argentina in Naples in the 1990 World Cup semi-final, many Neapolitans supported Argentina.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Naples: he is Neapolitan by birth the Neapolitan Riviera
More example sentences
- In Genoa they like Ligurian paintings, in Naples, Neapolitan paintings.
- Naples and Neapolitan cookery, with dialect terms, were featured again by Cavalcanti, who can be regarded as the first regional cookery writer of Italy.
- There is, in fact, a tradition in Naples that the Neapolitan system of swordplay contains some Spanish elements.
Words that rhyme with Neapolitancosmopolitan, megalopolitan, metropolitan
Definition of Neapolitan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.