- 1Relating to or denoting a zoogeographical region comprising North America as far south as northern Mexico, together with Greenland. Compare with Holarctic.More example sentences
- Humans introduced Old World sparrows to the Nearctic, Neotropical and Australian regions.
- Comparisons were made between larvae of C. lari and larvae of other Nearctic species of Ceratophyllus available to us.
- Striped skunks are native only to the Nearctic region.
More definitions of NearcticDefinition of Nearctic in:
- The US English dictionary