Definition of Nebbiolo in English:
1A variety of black wine grape grown in Piedmont in northern Italy.
- In producing single vineyard bottlings of the same grape variety, Nebbiolo, he immediately emphasised terroir and native expression.
- Barolo is a dry, tart red wine made entirely of Nebbiolo grapes from the district of the same name in Piedmont, in northwestern Italy.
- It is obtained from Nebbiolo grapes grown in a narrow area called ‘Langhe’ and takes the name from the homonymous town Barolo.
1.1A red wine made from the Nebbiolo grape.
- The large selection of Italian wines - many available by the glass - includes a number of local Nebbiolos, one of those severe, reserved Piedmontese reds that takes a while to open up.
- It is however indisputable there are great traditional Nebbiolos as well as great modern Nebbiolos.
- The judges seem to like the variety and awarded seven of the Nebbiolos points to medal winning standard.
Italian, from nebbia 'mist' (because the grape ripens in the autumn).
Definition of Nebbiolo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan