- An acute infectious viral fever affecting birds, especially poultry. Also called fowl pest.More example sentences
- Bird flu and Newcastle disease are notifiable diseases and must be reported to your local Divisional Veterinary Manager.
- Paramoxyviruses are other viruses found in birds that can result in Newcastle disease outbreaks in poultry,’ says Suarez.
- The last thing poultry producers want their flocks hit with is exotic Newcastle disease, a contagious and fatal viral disease affecting most species of birds.
1920s: so named because it was first recorded near Newcastle upon Tyne in 1927.
More definitions of Newcastle diseaseDefinition of Newcastle disease in:
- The US English dictionary