- A reflecting telescope in which the light from the main mirror is deflected by a small flat secondary mirror set at 45°, sending it to a magnifying eyepiece in the side of the telescope.More example sentences
- The Newtonian telescope is a type of reflecting telescope still in popular use.
- Parsons initially made a 36-inch mirror, and in 1839 he built the mirror into a vast Newtonian telescope on the lawn of the castle.
- Among the instruments that the club has accumulated over the years are a number of telescopes, including an eight-inch reflector Newtonian telescope and a six-inch model with tracking facility.
More definitions of Newtonian telescopeDefinition of Newtonian telescope in:
- The US English dictionary