- An adaptation of the Southern blot procedure used to detect specific sequences of RNA by hybridization with complementary DNA.More example sentences
- We and others have previously shown that CHO cells do not express detectable amounts of endogenous RyRs when assayed by Western blots, Northern blots, or ryanodine binding.
- Standard techniques were used for DNA cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, Southern and Northern blot analysis, and DNA sequencing.
- Southern and Northern blots contained nucleic acids from 10 million P. carinii per lane.
More definitions of Northern blotDefinition of Northern blot in:
- The US English dictionary