noun (plural same or Orishas)
- (In southern Nigeria) any of several minor gods. The term is also used in various black religious cults of South America and the Caribbean.More example sentences
- Shango Orisha represents the fire element and is hot and dry in nature.
- Baba Raul Canizares is also doing a series of books concentrating on each of the various Orishas in Santeria.
- Ifa is the major faith of the Yoruba people, and through it she has learned about various Orishas, or deities, of the faith.
More definitions of OrishaDefinition of Orisha in:
- The US English dictionary