- 1A native or inhabitant of Papua, or of Papua New Guinea.More example sentences
- In Papua, the missionaries saw the laid-back, no-rule, non-authoritarian lifestyle of Papuans as a sign of their primitiveness.
- West Papuans feel that Indonesia is despoiling their country by logging and mining, and that they are getting a disproportionately tiny share of the financial fruits.
- If the Papuans need training so that they can manage their own country, why aren't local and international NGOs providing it?
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Papua or its people or their languages.More example sentences
- Flassy said the transfer of power from the Indonesian government to Papuan should take place in six months.
- The OPM itself was a rather loose organisation set up by West Papuan exiles with a headquarters in Holland and an office at the United Nations.
- The word merdeka - an important political concept - is also key to understanding contemporary Papuan culture.
More definitions of PapuanDefinition of Papuan in:
- The US English dictionary