- A set of axioms from which the properties of the natural numbers may be deduced.More example sentences
- Bertrand Russell said Peano's axioms constitute an implicit definition of natural numbers.
- It isn't clear why most of this discussion, along with a discussion of Peano's axioms and the writings of Leibniz even belongs in this book.
- Why not just implement Peano's axioms in software and patent that?
early 20th century: named after Giuseppe Peano (1858–1932), Italian mathematician.
More definitions of Peano axiomsDefinition of Peano axioms in:
- The US English dictionary