noun[mass noun] Computing
- A high-level general-purpose programming language used especially for developing Web applications.More example sentences
- Programmers already competent in Perl and C will get the most from this book.
- Overall, this book covers graphics programming in Perl in a logically ordered and balanced manner.
- The code is relatively simple yet will look odd to even the most experienced Perl programmers.
1980s: respelling of pearl1, arbitrarily chosen for its positive connotations.
More definitions of PerlDefinition of Perl in:
- The US English dictionary