- An abnormal small chromosome sometimes found in the leucocytes of leukaemia patients.More example sentences
- The malignant transformation results from a reciprocal translocation between chromosomes 9 and 22, producing a short chromosome known as the Philadelphia chromosome.
- CML is caused by the breakage and swapping of chromosomes 9 and 22, which results in a shortened chromosome called the Philadelphia chromosome.
- CML is caused by the errant swapping of genetic material in bone marrow stem cells that produces an abnormality called the Philadelphia chromosome.
More definitions of Philadelphia chromosomeDefinition of Philadelphia chromosome in:
- The US English dictionary