- An order of insects that is sometimes applied, comprising both the sucking lice and the biting lice.More example sentences
- The hemipteroid assemblage has four orders of insects: Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), Phthiraptera, Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and Thysanoptera (thrips).
- The Hemiptera (bugs, cicadas, whiteflies, aphids, etc.), the Thysanoptera, the Psocoptera (psocids, book lice, and bark lice), and the Phthiraptera form the hemipteroid assemblage.
- Rearranged mt genomes have not been found in the Hemiptera, but have been found in all species studied from the Phthiraptera, Psocoptera, and Thysanoptera.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek phtheir 'louse' + pteron 'wing'.
More definitions of PhthirapteraDefinition of Phthiraptera in:
- The US English dictionary