- 1A native or inhabitant of Picardy.More example sentences
- Henri Matisse, a Picard who abandoned a career in law for art, made his impact at the Autumn Salon in Paris in 1905.
- I have many rememberances of a drunken Picard, trying to explain/defend the anomaly.
- 2The dialect of French spoken in Picardy.More example sentences
- Douai did not escape French cultural influence; the shift from Picard to Parisian French in the documentary record is a fairly obvious example, and the penetration of Roman law is another.
- However, the same speaker reported that he could not understand his grandmother when she spoke Picard.
- Most of them spoke Picard, Norman or Orléanais as well as French.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Picardy, its inhabitants, or their dialect.More example sentences
- The three of them are going at it in rapid-fire Picard accents, I can barely understand it so long as I don't attempt to actually speak.
- The curve of the Picard horn, described as pringle-like, would also explain why these background blobs are elliptical, rather than circular.
- When Guise heard that Henry was moving troops into the suburbs of the capital, he demanded that the Picard garrisons be withdrawn immediately.
More definitions of PicardDefinition of Picard in:
- The US English dictionary