- A minor phylum that contains a single minute marine invertebrate (Trichoplax adhaerens), which has a flattened body with two cell layers and is the simplest known metazoan.More example sentences
- Of particular interest in this regard are animals in the early diverging non-bilaterian phyla Porifera, Placozoa, Cnidaria, and Ctenophora.
- Despite these attempts, relationships among Bilateria, Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, and Porifera remain obscure.
- Presently, many species are highlighted for study because of their membership in Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, or Porifera.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek plakos 'flat' + zōia 'animals'.
More definitions of PlacozoaDefinition of Placozoa in:
- The US English dictionary