noun[mass noun] Logic & Computing
- A system of formula notation without brackets or special punctuation, frequently used to represent the order in which arithmetical operations are performed in many computers and calculators. In the usual form ( reverse Polish notation), operators follow rather than precede their operands.More example sentences
- I'd rather talk in reverse Polish notation for the rest of my life.
- They almost certainly had in mind as well another kind of mathematical system called Polish notation.
- Lukasiewicz introduced the ‘Polish notation’ which allowed expressions to be written unambiguously without the use of brackets and his studies were to form the basis for Tarski's work.
More definitions of Polish notationDefinition of Polish notation in:
- The US English dictionary