- An order of minute white wingless insects with slender bodies. They lack eyes and antennae, using the first pair of legs as sensory organs.
More example sentences
- Order Protura, subclass Apterygota, class Insecta (or Hexapoda)
- Hexapoda (Insecta sensu lato) includes four groups: Protura, Collembola, Diplura, and Insecta sensu stricto (with the latter containing Microcoryphia or Archeognatha, Zygentoma, and the pterygote insects).
- There are huge gaps in the early fossil record, since several basal hexapod groups have not been found at all in the Paleozoic: Protura, Diplura, and Thysanura.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek prōtos 'first, primitive'.
More definitions of ProturaDefinition of Protura in:
- The US English dictionary