- A nerve cell of a large, branched type found in the cortex of the cerebellum.More example sentences
- Some types of neurons, such as Purkinje cells of the cerebellum, do not contain pigment granules.
- The two most common locations for Negri bodies are in hippocampus and Purkinje cells in cerebellum.
- About 0.1% of the Purkinje cells in the cerebellar samples had clearly come from donated bone marrow: they contained a Y chromosome.
mid 19th century: named after Jan E. Purkinje (1787–1869), Bohemian physiologist.
More definitions of Purkinje cellDefinition of Purkinje cell in:
- The US English dictionary