- A state comprising the NE part of Australia; population 4,293,915 (2008); capital, Brisbane. Originally established in 1824 as a penal settlement, Queensland was constituted a separate colony in 1859, having previously formed part of New South Wales, and was federated with the other states of Australia in 1901.
- More example sentences
- The Gold Coast Public Health Unit is investing in the Supportive Environments for Active Living initiative to provide an approach to support active living for Queenslanders.
- Queenslanders are reeling from more revelations of problems in the state's health system - with news that one doctor has been operating while unregistered, and another was an impostor.
- The series - the first of a number we plan to conduct focusing on the economic and social challenges facing the state - shows resolving the issue is vital to maintaining quality of life in the region where most Queenslanders live.
More definitions of QueenslandDefinition of Queensland in:
- The US English dictionary