- A member of the Arminian party in the Dutch Reformed Church.More example sentences
- While his patrons included Calvinists, Remonstrants, Catholics and Jews, Rembrandt was not, as far as we know, an active churchgoer himself.
- Following the first draft of the constitutional articles of the new church order, the Remonstrants left the process, because they could not find room enough for their liberal opinions in the new church.
- It is a mark of the esteem in which William Guthrie was held that, at the meeting of their Western Synod, in 1654 the Remonstrants chose William Guthrie for their Moderator.
early 17th century: from medieval Latin remonstrant- 'demonstrating' (see also remonstrance).
More definitions of RemonstrantDefinition of Remonstrant in:
- The US English dictionary