noun[mass noun] Biology
- A physiological saline solution that typically contains, in addition to sodium chloride, salts of potassium and calcium.More example sentences
- The standard salt solution, Ringer's solution, was developed at least 50 years ago to treat diarrhea.
- In addition, his primary physician and surgeon have decided that he will receive lactated Ringer's solution with glucose and regular insulin.
- The cyst is first drained and then irrigated with normal saline or lactated Ringer's solution approximately 12 hours later.
late 19th century: named after Sydney Ringer (1834–1910), English physician.
More definitions of Ringer's solutionDefinition of Ringer's solution in:
- The US English dictionary