Definition of Rolls-Royce in English:
1 trademark A luxury car produced by the British Rolls-Royce company.
- Every November, Hanson would draw up slowly to the mansion in his Rolls-Royce, carefully checking everything was perfect.
- Apparently, only the front end of my Rolls-Royce was a Rolls-Royce.
- At the very front of the queue, in a pastel yellow Rolls-Royce, was the new Lord Mayor Audrey Jones.
2A product that is the most luxurious or highly specified of its kind: the one I have at the moment is the Rolls Royce of accordions
More example sentences
- No wonder Finzi astutely dubbed Walton ' the Rolls-Royce of music '.
- This is the Rolls-Royce, the Citizen Kane, the Cordon Bleu of cartoons.
- I am on the Rolls-Royce of Saturday evening shows.
Definition of Rolls-Royce in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan