- A form of tumour, caused by an RNA virus, which affects birds, particularly poultry: [as modifier]: Rous sarcoma virusMore example sentences
- The first tumor-causing virus identified in any organism was the Rous sarcoma virus in chickens.
- They started by studying the Rous sarcoma virus, named after Peyton Rous.
- The doctor says I should rest up and be thankful that it wasn't Rous sarcoma virus - there's a nasty lot of it about at the moment.
early 20th century: named after Francis P. Rous (1879–1970), American physician.
More definitions of Rous sarcomaDefinition of Rous sarcoma in:
- The US English dictionary