- (In some German cities) a fast urban railway line or system.More example sentences
- Munich, where I live, has two local rail networks: the U-Bahn, underground, owned and operated by the city (as are the buses and trams); and the S-Bahn, owned and operated by a Deutsche Bahn (German national railway) operating company.
- There is only one follow-up to this - take the S-Bahn to the northern end of the S1 line, and take a stroll through the cobbled streets of Oranienburg.
- I loved the transport network: the Strassenbahn, the U-Bahn, the S-Bahn - the idiosyncrasies of their interconnections, the darkened stations passed through slowly under West Berlin, a forbidden territory.
German, abbreviation of (Stadt) Schnellbahn '(urban) fast railway'.
More definitions of S-BahnDefinition of S-Bahn in:
- The US English dictionary