(also Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1A variety of white wine grape.More example sentences
- The rustic Pais vine variety dominates plantings, especially in the rain-fed areas, although Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon, and Merlot are also important.
- Increasing plantings here have made it our fourth most planted white after Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling.
- One of the few examples of a Chardonnay / Sauvignon blend, this is one of my favourite quaffing whites at the moment, combining peachy Chardonnay ripeness with Sauvignon's gooseberry austerity.
- 1.1A white wine made from the Sauvignon grape.More example sentences
- Australia is not as well known for its Sauvignons as New Zealand, but some of the wines coming out of Western Australia are outstanding.
- Some age their Sauvignons in new oak, disguising it as a sort of poor man's Chardonnay.
- Throw in some increasingly good Sauvignons from South Africa, Chile, Australia and Hungary and you have a much more diverse and interesting picture than you had even five years ago.
More definitions of SauvignonDefinition of Sauvignon in:
- The US English dictionary