- A small order of mammals which comprises the tree shrews.More example sentences
- Euarchontoglires is composed of the orders Primates, Rodentia, Lagomorpha (rabbits, hares, and pikas), Scandentia (tree shrews), and Dermoptera (flying lemurs).
- Tree shrews and elephant shrews have also sometimes been placed in this order; now, however, they are now classified separately (orders Scandentia and Macroscelidea, respectively).
- First, the superorder Archonta comprising Chiroptera, Dermoptera (flying lemurs), Primata, and Scandentia (tree shrews) is erroneous.
modern Latin (plural), from Latin scandent- 'climbing', from the verb scandere.
More definitions of ScandentiaDefinition of Scandentia in:
- The US English dictionary