- A pear of a small sweet juicy brownish-red variety, grown chiefly in the US.More example sentences
- He considers a bowl of grapes, apples, and small Seckel pears to be an ideal dessert.
- These include apples and slightly under-ripe pears, such as the russet-hued Seckel pears that march in parade with this roast.
- Of the three varieties of pears, the most plentiful were the Seckel.
early 19th century: from the surname of an early grower.
More definitions of SeckelDefinition of Seckel in:
- The US English dictionary