noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A preparation of dextran used as a gel in chromatography, electrophoresis, and other separation techniques.More example sentences
- In some respects, the matrix might act as a gel filtration system similar to cross-linked dextran such as Sephadex that separates polymers by molecular size.
- Free calcein outside of the vesicles was removed by gel chromatography on Sephadex G - 25.
- Substrate specificities of each phosphatases isolated from Sephadex G200 were investigated at their optimum pH.
1950s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of SephadexDefinition of Sephadex in:
- The US English dictionary