- 1A variety of wine grape grown chiefly in Madeira.More example sentences
- Plantings of the traditional varieties Sercial, Verdelho, Bual, and Malvasia are slowly increasing once again since their rout as a result of phylloxera.
- 1.1A dry light Madeira made from the Sercial grape.More example sentences
- Vintage Madeira, especially Sercial, is capable of many decades' bottle ageing.
- The name is used on Madeira labels to indicate a medium-dry style somewhere between Sercial and Bual, with nuttiness and a just discernible amount of sweetness.
- The 5-Year-Old Sercial and 5-Year-Old Verdelho are way too sweet, lacking acidity; they taste like sugar water with caramel flavoring; for the tourist trade.
More definitions of SercialDefinition of Sercial in:
- The US English dictionary