- another term for the Holocaust (see holocaust).More example sentences
- The terrible history of anti-Semitism began, the soil in which eventually the Nazi attempt at genocide in the Shoah or Holocaust took root.
- In both the Rwandan genocide and the Shoah, a state-supported set of organizations committed a centrally coordinated series of actions that were intended to destroy an entire group of people.
- Culpability for the Shoah - and for genocide more generally - is indeed two-fold, encompassing both individual and group murder.
modern Hebrew, literally 'catastrophe'.
More definitions of ShoahDefinition of Shoah in:
- The US English dictionary